Thursday, September 4, 2008

Mobile Accessibility

When I arrived at the Terminal 5 of Heathrow International Airport last July 1, the first thing I did (after exchanging my money to Sterling Pounds) was to get a SIM card which would enable me to telephonically exist in the UK.

So I went to the first shop (it was actually more like an information booth) I found at the terminal, and after waiting for the two clueless tourists (who barely spoke English I doubt they barely even knew the city they currently were) to have the assistance and guidance they were looking for, I asked the by then slightly irritated sales lady to give me a SIM card which offered the best deal.

I ended up getting a Vodafone SIM card which turned out to be one of the most expensive networks in the UK. The best deal indeed. For them.

By the end of the month, I switched to T-Mobile and was far more happier with my price plan.

Eventually, I started longing for an upgrade, but as a UK-newbie free from all records you are just not eligible of anything. Nothing.

After a few weeks of biding I decided to give it another try only to be declined by three different phone shops again. So I phoned my current mobile network provider and literally begged them to prettyplease upgrade my contract.

Three days later all my patience and persistence paid off.

Blackberry Curve 8310

0 comments:

Back to TOP