Friday, September 5, 2008

Corporate World

The English labor market is indeed a very fast-paced one compared to, let's say, Germany.

It is not unusual to be jobless today, start a new job tomorrow, quit after a couple of months (sometimes even after weeks already), and start another new one seamlessly. There are just way too much opportunities luring around over here to stay put for quite a long time. I guess that would explain the equally fast-paced housing market as well (common rule of thumb is, you change your job, you change your residence).

Same thing happened to my workmate Freddie today. Little did I know that it was the last time I was seeing him when we were just sitting together chatting about Bruce Lee yesterday.

So who gets to do his job now he's gone, you ask? Why, the fresh hires of course.

Soon after the news spread this morning and a 5-minute notice from my teamlead, my workload spiked from ~20 % to 163 %.

All these crazy things people do for money.

4 comments:

Mandy 08 September, 2008 08:32  

Nice blog! I added you to my blogroll too.

Raúl 16 September, 2008 11:33  

me gusta mucho tu blog lo visito a diario visita el mio y si t gusta deja un comentario de si t gusta o no y nos linkeamos los blogs

Unknown 18 September, 2008 21:04  

lol, where did you get that 163% from?! btw, have added you into my blogroll as well. Will be dropping by frequently from now on.

Cheers!

Unknown 19 September, 2008 23:50  

I guess how the past week's events put new meaning to "... jobless today and... "

Very fast pace indeed.

Back to TOP