Wednesday, July 2, 2008

A Walk Along The Thames

Today was a perfect day for a city stroll, and the best way to enjoy a sunny day was to avoid all the buildings and buzz in the town center (wherever that is) and just... let the sunshine in. So my first stop for today was London Bridge, which runs over the River Thames . I was desperately looking for its two iconical towers when it just so happened that I turned my face to the sun (which was on my right) and accidentally found the two towers I was searching for on the other bridge, standing there in all its grace:


That was worth a slap on the forehead. So kids: Never mix up London Bridge with Tower Bridge. I repeat: London Bridge is not Tower Bridge. So I reset my course and aimed for the Tower Bridge, walking along the Thames path. And it looked something like this:


On my way there I caught a glimpse of the Tower of London:





My artistic attempt of the bridge:



Then I had to pass through this path to get up on the bridge.




Did I mention that Jack the Ripper used to live in the very same city a few centuries ago?

Nearest Tube Stations: Tower Hill on the Circle and District Lines / London Bridge on the Northern Line

0 comments:

Back to TOP