Thursday, July 3, 2008

Leicester Square

I grew tired of the constant map checks I was doing since London Bridge, so I decided to get a fix on my current location, mentally bookmark the few spots of my interest, just simply rely on my geographical instincts and go from there. It eventually led me to Leicester Square / Theatreland.



One good thing about strolling in a (still quite) foreign city without having to pack out bulky maps out of pygmy-looking (yet mysteriously spacious) bags on every block was that you actually get to discover some neat spots by accident. Travelling this way, you practically always have to be ready for a surprise. And don’t worry about getting lost - that’s quite a hard thing to do in London. There are signs and maps everywhere! So unless you don't speak English, are illiterate, or persistent / stuck on going for your own fixed agenda, I heartily recommend you to let your instincts guide and lead the way. It’s worth the kick.

Nearest Tube stations: Leicester Square on the Piccadilly and Northern Lines / Piccadilly Circus on the Piccadilly and Bakerloo Lines

0 comments:

Back to TOP